Your consultation for cosmetic dentistry in Wisconsin is the first step in achieving a more aesthetically-pleasing smile that you can feel confident about. Before you arrive for your consultation, you should have an idea of the cosmetic imperfections you want to address, your budget, and the treatments you think are appropriate. You should also make a list of questions you want to ask the doctor during the consultation.
Your consultation offers the cosmetic dentist an opportunity to examine your mouth and recommend treatment options, but it also offers you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
Below is a list of questions you should ask during your consultation before making your decision to undergo treatment. These questions can help you evaluate your dentist’s skills and experience and determine if he or she is the right person to perform the procedures you are interested in.
Questions to Ask During Your Consultation for Cosmetic Dentistry in Wisconsin
It is important that you are thorough with your questions during the consultation to not only help you determine if the procedure is right for you, but also to help you determine if this is the right cosmetic dentist for the job.
- What board certification(s) do you hold and how much training do you have in cosmetic procedures?
- How often have you performed the particular procedures I am interested in?
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure(s) I am interested in? If not, are there any alternatives, or are there ways I can improve my candidacy for treatment?
- What are the benefits and risks of these procedures?
- Will I need a sedative or local/general anesthetic for the procedure?
- Have other patients seen success with this particular procedure?
- Can you show me before and after photos of patients who have had similar cosmetic dental work?
- Can you show me a preview of my potential results with the procedure(s) I am interested in?
- Do you recommend any additional procedures or alternatives to the procedure(s) I am interested in? Why or why not?
- What are the estimated costs of these treatments? Is financing available?
Observations to Make Note of During Your Consultation for Cosmetic Dentistry in Wisconsin
You should prepare yourself to take either mental or written notes throughout your consultation. These notes can help you determine if you feel comfortable having your cosmetic dental work done. Some things you will want to take note of may include the following.
- Is the staff friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable?
- Is the office clean and organized?
- Do you feel comfortable?
- Does the doctor make you feel relaxed and comfortable when you meet with him?
- Does he ask questions regarding your cosmetic goals and budget?
- Does he carefully address all of your concerns?
- Does he thoroughly explain all of your options to you?
- Does he explain what to expect with each procedure he recommends?
- Does he provide you with a preview of the potential transformation you can expect with each procedure?
- Does he explain the customization of certain procedures and the potential for combining procedures?
- Do his recommendations align with your cosmetic goals?
- Are his recommendations financially feasible for you based on your budget?
If you have not yet scheduled your consultation for cosmetic surgery in Wisconsin – or if you have questions prior to your consultation – contact our office today!